Tuesday 17 November 2015

Fim Review: Invictus

Invictus directed by Clint Eastwood
A feel-good, cheerful film.



Invictus was on my must-see list for a long time. I mean, how could it be bad if it had Morgan Freeman in it? However, when given the choice of Invictus or a Bond film, I'm afraid I would have chosen the latter, but, when I finally settled down to it, I quickly found this film a pleasant and rewarding watch!

There was no sexual or rude scenes, with absolutely zero violence (with only one vague reference), and the language was mild to non-existent. Not something a James Bond flick could promise!

It is set in South Africa, following the life and decisions of the newly-elected Nelson Mandela (played by Freeman, naturally) as he tries to pull his struggling country together, through Rugby. It is actually a lot more exciting than it sounds.

The one downside, is that you will need to know a little of South Africa's history (racial segregation, etc) before watching, although it is pretty self-explanatory. Young children might struggle with it, so I'd suggest an audience who is interested in the topic, or is mature enough to pick it up from the film.

It was cheerful, with flashes of humour, and viewers will be cheering for Mandela from square one. Definitely a sweet and salty popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment